Creating Categories and Products in Store
Creating categories and products in your new store is easy! Just follow these steps and you will
be selling products in no time!
This is just a brief walkthru of the system. Your Infinity Cart is a powerful system, so be sure to
speak with your Project Manager for a more detailed walkthru.
- Login to your Infinity Cart
You must first create a category before you can add products.
- Click Products & Categories
- Click Add a New Category
● Insert Category Name
● Insert Category ID (usually the same, but lower case and no spaces)
● Insert Category Header (This will show on the site)
● Select check box to make category visible on site.
● The next 2 boxes are optional
● The Priority number will change the order that the categories show on site.
● The other options are optional.
● Click to Save Changes.
There are many options in creating products and most items are optional. It depends on how
much information you want to include in your store. The following steps are the minimal
requirements for entering your store items.
- Click Products & Categories on the left
- Click Add a New Product
CREATING A PRODUCT
● Choose if the item is Tangible or Virtual
● Enter Product Name
● Enter Product ID
● Enter Product Cost (or Call for Price)
● Choose Category
● Choose Secondary Category (optional)
● Select if product is available
● Choose the product image from your computer.
- Quick Overview will show under the item. (this is optional)
- Product Description will show under the item after selected. (this is optional)
● The items that are marked out in the image below are not usually necessary.
These items will be changed in your global settings.
● If you wish to feature your item as a “Hot Deal” select this option
● If you wish your product to show on the home page, select this option.
● Click Save at the bottom.
CONTINUE TO THE OTHER TABS FOR MORE OPTIONS
● Click the Attribute tab to add options such as size and color.
● Click Create New Attribute
● Type in Attribute Name and Caption
● Choose Priority if you are adding more than one attribute
● Select to activate the attribute and to track inventory
● Enter options one line at a time. If an option costs more or less, (ie: XLarge is $10 more)
then follow the instructions.
● Click Add Attribute
● Click Save at the bottom
If you wish to track your Inventory, you can do so by clicking the Inventory tab.
● Select Track Inventory at Attribute Level
● Select Do Not Display or Out of Stock
● Select the Attribute
● Enter the number of items in Inventory
● Enter number of items you wish to be notified at
● Select to Activate setting
● Click Apply Changes
● Repeat steps for each attribute.
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE READY TO GO!
FOR ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR PROJECT MANAGER!