Creating Folders & Pages
Making new pages for your website is easy! Just follow these simple steps and you will have a page up in no time!
● Log in to your Infinity Site Manager (ISM) and point your mouse to your drop
down menu to the left of the screen.
● Hover over “Content” and then click on “Content Manager”
Before you can set up a page, you may need to set up folders to keep your pages
organized for easy access later down the line. This will help you in years to come when needing to edit a page and you predecessors will be greatly appreciative.
If your folders are already in place, you can scroll down to move on to creating pages.
● To create a folder, click New at the top right side of your screen, then click “Go” next to the folder option.
If you are just starting out, or maybe making a redesign, it is best to start with the year you are making these pages. This will help you keep on track later down the years.
Ex. “2016 Text blocks”
Consider your Folders as your menu buttons in your Navigation Bar on your site.
Continue creating new folders with the names on your Navigation Bar
● About us
After you have created your folders, now it is time to create your pages.
First, decide what folder your page should be in. Consider the Folder as your main button on the Navigation bar and the pages to be in the Drop Down menu. When you decide what folder the page should be in, click the name of the folder to open it.
● Click the “New” button at the top right side of your screen.
● Click “Go” on the HTML Document
● Type in title of your page
● Type in content
**NOTE** DO NOT copy and paste from a word document. This will not transfer over correctly onto your site. Instead, you may type your page in Notepad/TextEdit, or if you choose to use Word, save it as a TXT file before copying and pasting.
Don’t forget to tell your page where to go!
● Click Prepend to select the page that you want this document to show on. If you do not see the page you are looking for, give us a call and we can create a new one for you.
Append is not usually used, but if you wish to have content from another html document
that you have created appear on the same page as one you have existing content, you
would choose this and it will go to the bottom of that page.
Congratulations! You have created a page!